Fantasy Football Question of the Day 8/9

Starting July 25 until August 26 my friends Uly Velez, Josh Bede, and I will ask each other one fantasy football related question a day and give our individual answers to it. Feel free to check out my other fantasy football related posts on my blog, including questions from previous days. And if you have a question you would like us to answer just leave a comment below.



Who is your top IDP at each position (DL, LB, DB)?

Charles:
For DL and LB, it's pretty chalk for me. JJ Watt and Luke Kuechly are still the top DL and LB, respectively. Despite missing last season, I still can't put anyone above JJ Watt talent wise, so if he's healthy he's on top. And I don't see any reason for Kuechly to not still be a tackling and coverage machine. I trust his proven consistency a bit more than I'm worried about another concussion. As far as DB goes, I'd have to say Landon Collins, even though I don't expect the INTs to be there like last season. He's drastically improved his coverage skills from his rookie to sophomore season and is a now very versatile safety who can both rack up tackles and defend plenty of passes.

Josh:
I don't doubt either Watt or Kuechly's talent but if an offensive player had either players injury history they wouldn't be considered for the very top of fantasy. Watt coming off two back surgeries and Kueckly one concussion away from career being over I can't put them at the top. So my top DE is Khalil Mack. 30 sacks and 8 forced fumbles in his 1st two seasons and hopefully an improved secondary should help him get to the QB even more this season. For top LB I am going with Alec Ogletree. He's a tackling machine and switching over to the more friendly MIKE position should help him even more. For DB I have Tony Jefferson. Moving to Baltimore I think this run stopping safety is going to get lots of chances to make tackles and hopefully increase his INTs to vault him to the top of IDP scoring.

Uly:
I would have to go with Mack as well for DL for the reasons mentioned by my colleague.  For LB I think Kwon Alexander is my top pick. In his first 28 games he has 6 sacks from the MLB position in a 4-3 defense.  This year they plan on blitzing the backers more so those numbers could increase with his familiarity in the defense and his 4.55 speed.  He is a sideline to sideline backer who is always in a position to make a tackle.  For DB I believe Reshad Jones takes the top spot. He was off to a good start last year before he got hurt, and this year besides a calf injury he suffered before camp he is healthy and ready to become the tackling machine that he is. Before his season was cut short last year he had 135 stops to go with 2 sacks and 5 INTs. He can and should produce now that he is healthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay Ajayi: Week 11 Film Breakdown

My annual, completely wrong, and irrelevant NFL predictions!

Rookie RB Outlook After Week 1