Fantasy Football Question of the Day 8/15

Starting July 25 until August 26 my friends Uly Velez, Josh Bede, and I will ask each other one fantasy football related question a day and give our individual answers to it. Feel free to check out my other fantasy football related posts on my blog, including questions from previous days. And if you have a question you would like us to answer just leave a comment below.



What are some fantasy football "superstitions" or routines you have (i.e. last lineup check, won't draft players from certain teams)?

Uly:
I do like to check all my lineups like right before kick off, if I don't I feel like I messed something up. I always like to draft someone from Hard Knocks in one of my drafts. They may not stay on my team but I need to draft one. And there is usually one player that I make sure is a constant on my rosters in each of my leagues.

Josh:
My only thing is I have to check my lineup right before kick off. Then I won't look at fantasy scores until all of the 1pm games have started the 3rd quarter.

Charles:
As you both know, I refuse to have any Cowboys, Giants, or Redskins players on my teams, and I do get a lot of flack for it. People will say to me "You have to separate your heart from fantasy!", or "I'm a fan of my team, but I'm a fan of money and winning ever more." Even though I completely understand why my method/superstition isn't a popular one and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone else, for someone like me it's something I whole heartedly believe in and will never stop doing. When it comes to sports I am a die hard Eagles fan above anything else, and even though I absolutely love fantasy football and plan on playing it for the rest of my life, I will always be more invested in my Eagles than my fantasy teams. Remember in my "Some Fantasy Football League Ideas" post how I said that the most important thing is to have fun? Well refusing to have any division rivals on my team is what helps me have the most fun. If I had even one then I'd be sick to my stomach having a small part of me root for them, especially for the games when they play the Eagles. And because of that there is no way I could ever separate my heart from fantasy, because the two go hand in hand. And in case you're wondering, it hasn't stopped me from having success in any of my leagues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay Ajayi: Week 11 Film Breakdown

My annual, completely wrong, and irrelevant NFL predictions!

Rookie RB Outlook After Week 1