Fantasy Football Question of the Day 8/14

Starting July 25 until August 26 my friends Uly Velez, Josh Bede, and I will ask each other one fantasy football related question a day and give our individual answers to it. Feel free to check out my other fantasy football related posts on my blog, including questions from previous days. And if you have a question you would like us to answer just leave a comment below.



After Week 1 of the preseason which players are tending up and which are trending down your draft boards?

Charles:
I haven't been able to watch video of all of the games yet, but based on the few I have seen so far I'm going to say Reuben Foster is trending up on my draft board right now. The Niners were able to grab Foster late in the 1st round and I believe even more now that he was a steal. In the few snaps he had against the Chiefs, Foster was flying around making plays both in the run and pass game. He even had a good chance at an interception in the end zone on the first series of the game. Don't sleep on that Niners front 7, and that especially includes Foster. He's more than worthy of a look in leagues that utilize IDPs.

The player that's trending down even further after Week 1 of the preseason is Eddie Lacy. There was already talk that Lacy is projected to only be Rawls' backup, and that was supported in the Seahawks' first game as Rawls got all the snaps with the 1st team offense and Lacy got snaps with the 2nd team. Right now it's tough for me to see Lacy getting anything more than a few carries a game, especially with CJ Prosise being the primary passing down back. Lacy should get a good number of looks at the goal line, and with Rawls' injury history he definitely still should be owned as a handcuff. However, the idea of Lacy being in a 50/50 timeshare with Rawls looks even less likely now.

Josh:
I talked about Mike Evans before but I am going to go with his teammate Doug Martin. All 1st team snaps went to him or Rodgers. Martin looked sharp making cuts and I expect Martin to take back his starting job and a majority of the carries when he returns from suspension.

Trending down to me is Kevin White. Even though he was on the field, which is a plus for him, he didn't look good and neither did his starting QB. Mike Glennon is going to at least start the season and that doesn't make me jump at Kevin White's fantasy potential. He doesn't look like the athlete he was in college and will probably never be what he could have been pre-injury.

Uly:
I'll have to agree with Josh on Doug Martin. He looked sharp when running, bringing back flashes of how he ran his break out year. I think once he returns from suspension the backfield will be his and will only be coming off when Sims comes in for passing downs. Another person with the up arrow for me is Deshaun Watson. He won't be much of a fantasy contributor right now, but he is working his way into being the starter which would affect those around him.

And since Charles went with big boy Lacy as trending down I'll go with Jeremy Hill as a player who continues to tumble down. Hill split snaps with Mixon with the first team and didn't do much to hold off the rookie. Mixon should own this backfield and only possibly Bernard would be a threat at stealing some snaps, but coming off a major injury he may not be as effective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay Ajayi: Week 11 Film Breakdown

My annual, completely wrong, and irrelevant NFL predictions!

Rookie RB Outlook After Week 1