Fantasy Football Question of the Day 8/3

Starting July 25 until August 26 my friends Uly Velez, Josh Bede, and I will ask each other one fantasy football related question a day and give our individual answers to it. Feel free to check out my other fantasy football related posts on my blog, including questions from previous days. And if you have a question you would like us to answer just leave a comment below.



In honor of Jordan Reed what injury prone players are you willing to take a risk on this year and who are you flat out avoiding?

Uly:
In honor of Jordan Reed, he would be the player I will flat out be avoiding at his cost. This year there are a bit more tight ends available that you can get much cheaper that will more than likely last you the whole season where as with Reed you most definitely will be picking up fill ins for multiple weeks.

The injury prone player I'm willing to take a risk on is Danny Woodhead. At a position where depth is key, taking a shot at Woodhead is completely worth it. He immediately resumes his role as the 3rd down pass catching back and a lot of targets have left Baltimore. Not as high risk/high reward as Reed, but for position purposes definitely worth it.

Josh:
I am avoiding Carlos Hyde. Although injuries aren't all if it, a torn MCL and a concussion history play into reasons I am not touching him.

As for who I am will to take a risk on it's Gronk. He's been falling in some drafts and there seems to be a dead zone at the end of the third. I'd rather take a risk on Gronk than some of the players going around there. Part of the risk can be offset by drafting Dwayne Allen at the end of the draft. And with Gronk you know every game he plays it's like having a number one WR at TE.

Charles:
The injury prone player I'm willing to take a risk on is Alshon Jeffery, and I swear this isn't a homer pick. I talked about him in a previous question already and how I believe it's almost a lock for him to score at least 8 TDs if healthy. He'll most likely score more though. His value right now is pretty good too. The Footballguys Dominator app has his Auction draft cost at $19, and FantasyPros.com has his ADP at 35th overall. We're talking about a guy who has WR1 upside. The risk is well worth it with him.

Jordan Reed would have been my pick so I'm going to go with Jamaal Charles. It's a bit of an easy pick since he's not even the starter but hear me out. I have one friend, whom I won't name but you know who you are, that I debated several times with on whether the Eagles should have signed Charles especially with how cheap his contract was. I was absolutely against it. For one, his style of running is not what the Eagles were in need of. We needed a power back to compliment Sproles and Pumphrey, and we got that in Blount which was a great signing. And two, I don't expect him to be the same player due to his injuries in recent years which have been plentiful. Keep in mind that he had to have 2 knee surgeries, 1 on each knee, last year. That's a huge concern for a RB his age. In terms of fantasy football, you'd only be drafting him as a handcuff to CJ Anderson, but honestly I wouldn't touch him. If you really feel like handcuffing Anderson I'd rather go with Devontae Booker or even the rookie De'Angelo Henderson whom I really liked as a late round prospect in this year's NFL Draft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay Ajayi: Week 11 Film Breakdown

My annual, completely wrong, and irrelevant NFL predictions!

Rookie RB Outlook After Week 1