Fantasy Football Question of the Day 8/2

Starting July 25 until August 26 my friends Uly Velez, Josh Bede, and I will ask each other one fantasy football related question a day and give our individual answers to it. Feel free to check out my other fantasy football related posts on my blog, including questions from previous days. And if you have a question you would like us to answer just leave a comment below.



Which first round rookie from this year's draft will be the most productive in fantasy this season?

Charles:
Leonard Fournette. And since you're just talking about 1st round picks I don't think it's close, at least on the offensive side of the ball. Right from the get go you know he's going to be the Jaguars' feature back so he's going to get the touches. That team, especially with that defense, will look to be more balanced on offense to relieve some pressure and responsibility off of Blake Bortles. And although some people were starting to get skeptical of Fournette's stock leading up to the draft, in my opinion Fournette is a truly special talent. That combination of power and speed is just scary, and he might not have caught the ball much during his time in LSU but he showed during the combine to have pretty good hands. Just because he didn't do it a lot doesn't mean he can't. Leonard Fournette might even be my top OROY candidate. Give me him over any other 1st round offensive rookie this year in fantasy.

Josh:
I think Fournette is the pick as well, so I am going in a different direction with my answer: Jarrad Davis! The Lions picked up their Mike linebacker of the future in this years draft. This side-line to side-line athletic linebacker could step into a 3 down role from the jump. He also has good ball skills and is a violent tackler which makes his IDP ceiling very, very high.

Uly:
I'm going to go with Christian McCafferey. He may not be the starter and might not be able to handle a feature back role, but they will be figuring out ways to get him the ball.  He is an excellent route runner so they can use him on bubble screens or motion him out to the slot to create matchup problems. He has already gotten praise from one of the best linebackers in the game (Luke Kuechly) who sees him everyday. In PPR formats he will be good enough to be a high end RB2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay Ajayi: Week 11 Film Breakdown

My annual, completely wrong, and irrelevant NFL predictions!

Rookie RB Outlook After Week 1