Fantasy Football Question of the Day 8/17

Starting July 25 until August 26 my friends Uly Velez, Josh Bede, and I will ask each other one fantasy football related question a day and give our individual answers to it. Feel free to check out my other fantasy football related posts on my blog, including questions from previous days. And if you have a question you would like us to answer just leave a comment below.



In a Best Ball league draft, what are you thoughts on grabbing two top QBs within your first 5 rounds?

Josh:
My strategy for Best Ball is either one QB early then one after the mid rounds (i.e. pair Tom Brady and Philip Rivers), or I go two mid round QBs like Derek Carr and Jameis Winston.

Uly:
I would be  more tempted to grab two of the top QBs in a Best Ball draft. You will essentially be guaranteed a top score from that position and it puts others at a disadvantage. You can fill out your roster then with a few more guys who will have those top scores a couple times the season, like a  Travis Benjamin type, while still having other solid players ahead of them. 

Charles:
For Best Ball leagues I'd be less opposed to drafting 2 top QBs within the first 5 rounds. With the way it's set up, grabbing 2 stud QBs would almost guarantee you to get great productivity from that position all season, like Uly mentioned. I would just still be careful about who else you're passing on to get them. RBs become even more valuable in these leagues so if a good one is still there I'd be inclined to take him over a 2nd QB within the 5 rounds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay Ajayi: Week 11 Film Breakdown

My annual, completely wrong, and irrelevant NFL predictions!

Rookie RB Outlook After Week 1