Fantasy Football Question of the Day 7/30

Starting July 25 until August 26 my friends Uly Velez, Josh Bede, and I will ask each other one fantasy football related question a day and give our individual answers to it. Feel free to check out my other fantasy football related posts on my blog, including questions from previous days. And if you have a question you would like us to answer just leave a comment below.



Out of Paul Perkins, CJ Prosise, Mike Gillislee, Breshad Perriman, and DeVante Parker, who will break out the most?

Josh:
Well the most talented of all listed is DeVante Parker, but I feel like he's going to be similar to Lamar Miller. Every year is going to be the year he breaks out but the reality is even though he's healthier he doesn't have a lot of room to get more touches, and that's why I am going with Paul Perkins. The Giants are trying to turn him into a 3 down back and he's going to get a lot of touches. I am sure Uly's response will have more positive things to say about Perkins but I am not a huge fan of his. I feel like he doesn't break enough tackles and isn't fast enough to be a slashing back. Out of the choices given I'd say he's most likely to break out. 

Charles:
You both know that I thought Perkins was a solid RB prospect coming out of the 2016 NFL Draft, and I predicted that he would be the Giants' starting RB eventually. I think he has a chance to be a solid starter in this league. He's got decent/good all around skills, but no great ones. However, even though he's going to have the opportunity to be the feature back, that Giants O line is a big question mark and will make a solid player like Perkins look bad. So I'm going to go the opposite way of Josh and say DeVante Parker. The reason I think this is his year is because I believe they will start to phase Jarvis Landry out as the main target in that offense. He's on the last year of his contract and the consensus feeling is that he won't be re-signed. Parker showed many flashes last year of the elite potential that people have been raving about, and I think we'll see it on a more consistent basis this year. Of the names listed I'd pick Parker as having the best chance to break out. Prosise would be my second choice after him.

Uly:
As much as I like Perkins and Parker, I think Perriman has the best breakout opportunity. There are 250 targets from receivers from last year that are now up for grabs. Perriman will be put into a role where he doesn't have to be the number 1 target and can practice his route running and consistency. He has the size and the speed to succeed, and finally he is coming into a season without any major injuries or outside distractions.  He should have ample opportunities to rack up catches with what should be another mediocre run game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay Ajayi: Week 11 Film Breakdown

My annual, completely wrong, and irrelevant NFL predictions!

Rookie RB Outlook After Week 1