Fantasy Football Question of the Day 7/27

Starting July 25 until August 26 my friends Uly Velez, Josh Bede, and I will ask each other one fantasy football related question a day and give our individual answers to it. Feel free to check out my other fantasy football related posts on my blog, including questions from previous days.



Rotowire's Top 14 for PPR this season goes David Johnson, LeVeon Bell, Ezekiel Elliott, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham Jr, Julio Jones, Melvin Gordon, Jay Ayayi, Devonta Freeman, AJ Green, Mike Evans, LeSean McCoy, Jordan Howard, and Jordy Nelson. Out of those names whom do you think will not live up to their draft status of Top 14?

Charles:
If I had to pick one of those players as most likely to not finish in the top 14 I'd probably have to go with Jordan Howard, and it doesn't have so much to do with the question marks I have with Howard but more so to do with how confident I am in everyone else on that list. If you look at last season, the top 8 RBs were all on top level offenses with the exception of Carlos Hyde. I'm projecting Jordan Howard's Bears to have the worst offense out of any of the other RB's teams listed. Also, the Bears will probably be trailing a lot in games because that defense is questionable, meaning they'll have to pass more. The lack of proven weapons in the passing game outside of maybe Cameron Meredith could help Howard get more receptions but also hurt his rush yardage productivity. Don't get me wrong though, in no way am I betting on Howard being a bust. I think it's more likely that he has another good season. But the question calls for me to pick one of those 14, so even I do like all of them I have to pick someone, and Jordan Howard would have to be the guy.

Josh:
Although I don't think any of them will be a total bust I do see regression coming for Devonta Freeman. Yes he's got talent but he is in a 50/50 time share with Tevin Coleman, and with a new O Coordinator we have no idea which way that split is going to go. Coleman and Freeman scored 12 and 13 TDs respectively in an historically great offense. There is going to be at least some regression this season.

Uly:
My pick would be Jay Ayayi. Yes he had 3 200+ yard games but two of them came against the Bills  and he only topped 100 yards 1 other time. As much as he is the unquestioned starter in Miami, there is more game film on him now and the coaching staff has said they wanted to get Kenyon Drake more involved in the offense as well.  The lack of consistency and the fact that half of his yards came in 3 games is what leads me to believe he won't live up to being a top 10 player.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay Ajayi: Week 11 Film Breakdown

My annual, completely wrong, and irrelevant NFL predictions!

Rookie RB Outlook After Week 1